August 1st, 2008
HDS.IE is a website for HDS Partnership, an established Practice of professional advisors with offices at RiverPoint, Limerick, Ireland. The services offered by HDS.IE ("HDS.IE " or "we") include the HDS.IE website, and any other features, content, applications and spin-off websites offered by HDS.IE in connection with the HDS.IE Website (collectively, the "HDS.IE Services"). The HDS.IE Services are hosted in Ireland.
HDS.IE may modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting by HDS.IE on the HDS.IE Website. You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement when you use the HDS.IE Services after any such modification is posted. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes.
Please choose carefully the information you post on HDS.IE and that you provide to other Users. Your HDS.IE profile may not include the following items: telephone numbers, street addresses, and any photographs containing obscene, lewd, excessively violent, harassing, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable subject matter. Despite this prohibition, information provided by other HDS.IE Members (for instance, in their Profile) may contain inaccurate, inappropriate, offensive or sexually explicit material, products or services, and HDS.IE assumes no responsibility or liability for this material. If you become aware of misuse of the HDS.IE Services by any person, please click on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any HDS.IE page to notify us.
HDS.IE reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting (including private messages) by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the HDS.IE Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
1. Eligibility. Use of and Membership in the HDS.IE Services is void where prohibited. By using the HDS.IE Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are 13 years of age or older; and (d) your use of the HDS.IE Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your profile may be deleted and your Membership may be terminated without warning, if we believe that you are under 13 years of age. 2. Term. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the HDS.IE Services or are a Member. You may terminate your Membership at any time, for any reason, by no longer using HDS.IE. HDS.IE may terminate your Membership at any time, without warning. Even after Membership is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect, including sections 5-17. 3. Fees. You acknowledge that HDS.IE reserves the right to charge for the HDS.IE Services and to change its fees from time to time in its discretion. If HDS.IE terminates your Membership because you have breached the Agreement, you shall not be entitled to the refund of any unused portion of subscription fees. 4. Password. When you sign up to become a Member, you will also be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify HDS.IE immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account. Also, HDS.IE will not log you out of the website automatically, it is your responsibility to click the "Log Out" link on the menu bar to to log out of HDS.IE. 5. Non-commercial Use by Members. The HDS.IE Services are for the personal use of Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by HDS.IE . Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the HDS.IE Services, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the HDS.IE Website is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Member profiles without notice and may result in termination of Membership privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of the HDS.IE Services. 6. Proprietary Rights in Content on HDS.IE . 1. HDS.IE does not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") that you post to the HDS.IE Services. After posting your Content to the HDS.IE Services, you continue to retain all ownership rights in such Content, and you continue to have the right to use your Content in any way you choose. By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the HDS.IE Services, you hereby grant to HDS.IE a permanent license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content solely on and through the HDS.IE Services. We will not delete your account or posts should you choose to no longer participate using HDS.IE Services, however you may request your real name be changed to an anonymous name if needed. To end your use of HDS.IE Services simply refrain from visiting HDS.IE .
Without this license, HDS.IE would be unable to provide the HDS.IE Services. The license you grant to HDS.IE is non-exclusive (meaning you are free to license your Content to anyone else in addition to HDS.IE ), fully-paid and royalty-free (meaning that HDS.IE is not required to pay you for the use on the HDS.IE Services of the Content that you post), sublicensable (so that HDS.IE is able to use its affiliates and subcontractors such as Internet content delivery networks to provide the HDS.IE Services), and worldwide (because the Internet and the HDS.IE Services are global in reach). This license will remain in effect even if you decide to stop using HDS.IE Services. The license does not grant HDS.IE the right to sell your Content, nor does the license grant HDS.IE the right to distribute your Content outside of the HDS.IE Services. 2. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the HDS.IE Services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and (ii) the posting of your Content on or through the HDS.IE Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Content posted by you to or through the HDS.IE Services. 3. The HDS.IE Services contain Content of HDS.IE ("HDS.IE Content"). HDS.IE Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and HDS.IE owns and retains all rights in the HDS.IE Content and the HDS.IE Services. HDS.IE hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display the HDS.IE Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing the HDS.IE Website and using the HDS.IE Services. 4. The HDS.IE Services contain Content of Users and other HDS.IE licensors. Except for Content posted by you, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through the HDS.IE Services. 7. Content Posted. 1. HDS.IE may delete any Content that in the sole judgment of HDS.IE violates this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of any person. HDS.IE assumes no responsibility for monitoring the HDS.IE Services for inappropriate Content or conduct. If at any time HDS.IE chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the HDS.IE Services, HDS.IE nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the User submitting any such Content. 2. You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on or through any of the HDS.IE Services, and any material or information that you transmit to other Members and for your interactions with other Users. HDS.IE does not endorse and has no control over the Content. Content is not necessarily reviewed by HDS.IE prior to posting and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of HDS.IE . HDS.IE makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Content or to the accuracy and reliability of the Content or any material or information that you transmit to other Members. 8. Content/Activity Prohibited. The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the HDS.IE Services. HDS.IE reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in HDS.IE 's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the HDS.IE Services and terminating the Membership of such violators. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to Content that, in the sole discretion of HDS.IE : 1. is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual; 2. harasses or advocates harassment of another person; 3. exploits people in a sexual or violent manner; 4. contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website; 5. solicits personal information from anyone under 18; 6. provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses; 7. promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, volatile, or libelous; 8. promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files; 9. involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, "spimming," or "spamming"; 10. contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page); 11. furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses; 12. solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users; 13. involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, workshops, advertising, or pyramid schemes; 14. includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person's consent; or 15. for profiles, uses sexually suggestive imagery or any other unfair, misleading or deceptive Content intended to draw traffic to the profile.
Please contact us at: Use the "Contact Us" link on the bottom of every HDS.IE page with any questions regarding this Agreement.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED ABOVE.
HDS.ie GENERAL FORUM RULES
By using HDS.IE Services, you agree that:
Staff (includes owners and moderators)
- staff here will not be held responsible for anyone else’s actions.
- staff reserves the right to edit or delete posts without explanation, if they are in violation of these rules or any law. We make every effort to give an explanation, but depending on the nature of the thread one may not be needed.
- staff reserves the right to take any system action deemed necessary against those that do not follow the rules below.
- staff reserves the right to move or delete threads that are not posted in the appropriate forum.
- Although staff do not and cannot review every single message posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever.
- any hostility or combative behavior towards our staff (online or offline) for a moderation decision they have made will not be tolerated. All concerns regarding a moderators decision should be directed to the site admin/owner via the HDS.ie "contact us" link.
Members (includes standard members and subscribers)
- Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of these rules.
- You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless HDS.IE owners & staff with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s) or forum behavior. We also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
- You agree to post only materials to which you have copyright, permission or references to distribute electronically. You may not violate, plagiarize, or infringe on the rights of third parties including copyright, trademark, trade secrets, privacy, and publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
- When posting comments regarding organizations or individuals inside or outside of HDS.IE, should those organizations or individuals ask for removal of that material we may accommodate them in some cases.
- you will not post any messages or links that lead to obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, or threatening material, or material that violates any laws.
- HDS.IE does not tolerate personal attacks and will delete such posts and ban users if necessary.
- If a staff member contacts you asking for changes in your posting style or habits, abide by them or face the consequences.
- If you vehemently disagree with a moderators decision contact the site admin/owner via the "contact us" link -DO NOT TAKE IT OUT ON THE MODERATOR. Do not post a thread to discuss your disagreement, and do not send hostile messages to staff. We are very protective of our moderation staff and will swiftly remove accounts that show hostility towards them.
- Cursing/swearing is tolerated but not encouraged. Keep in mind that there may be younger members visiting this site. Excessive swearing or swearing in topic titles could result in being banned.
- You may not start fights or induce fights in the forums. Use private means to resolve a dispute. Open flaming will result in removed posts, possible warnings and/or bans.
- Do not cross post a message in the forums (posting the same thread in multiple forums for more help/attention). Pick a forum, post the message, and let it be.
- no general politics (if the thread involves photography it may be allowed until it becomes unproductive, then it will be moved to the "Soap Box Forum")
- no religious discussions
- Spamming is not tolerated. If it becomes blatant that your signature and user account are nothing more than a ploy for self promoting your products you may be warned or banned. Active members who contribute to the community are allowed signature links to their business or websites.
- If you are engaged in a constructive argument, make sure your posts are clear and that you aren't inadvertently starting a flame war.
- In some extreme cases we may place you on a "watchlist", which means you can post messages but we must approve them first. We will let you know if you have been placed on the watchlist and explain why. Do not try to argue a case against being placed on the watchlist, or how long you will be on the watchlist. Post approvals for watchlist users happen several times a day, please do not ask when your post will be approved. We will not waste time explaining why certain posts will not be approved.
- Use common sense when posting.